I’m all about throwing old traditions out the window because they don’t make sense anymore, so I present: The Mid-Month Update.
It’s not the end of the month or the beginning of the month, it’s the middle of the month. If you think about it, this is really the best time to do a status check, because it gives you time to course-correct before the end of the month, before it’s too late.
- For NaNoWriMo I set a goal merely to write for a half hour after work every weekday, regardless of word counts. I couldn’t be bothered to keep up with even that and abandoned it for other shinies in a week.
- Somewhat related, I’m trying to figure out a way to time-slice my hobbies in a more efficient way, rather than my usual bad habit of serially binging on one hobby at a time. Not having much success so far.
- My 250-part Elden Ring video series uploads finished (it’s actually more than 250 videos). I’m now uploading “Extras,” some additional videos I recorded on alternate characters. Don’t know what to upload next.
- Still haven’t played much of any games since I stopped playing Elden Ring in June. I don’t really miss it, to be honest, but I’m not sure why.
- Tried Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II but it didn’t really hook me. Same problems as every other Call of Duty game: It’s not easy to find a way to enjoy getting killed repeatedly by people who are way more into the game than you are.
- Logged into Facebook for the first time in forever (I last posted something there in 2018). Changed my profile picture. Moved most everyone except direct family members to the “Restricted” group. Don’t know what to do with it, but maybe I should think of something?
- Most of my time in the last week has been spent studying the fediverse and the ActivityPub protocol, but that’s a subject for bigger blog posts.