It took a little more effort to calculate my most-played games in 2016, because I changed PCs in the middle of the year. But the results are now in, and the number one positions were just what I guessed they would be.
(This data was gathered on December 24, 2016. I’ve pretty much only played Morrowind since then, although I played a couple hours of Elder Scrolls Online as well.)
Most Played MMORPGs of 2016
- Black Desert Online - 221 hours
- World of Warcraft - 163 hours
- Rift - 67 hours
- Final Fantasy XIV - 42 hours
- Lord of the Rings Online - 22 hours
- Guild Wars 2 - 12 hours
- Blade and Soul - 2 hours
- Mortal Online - 2 hours
- Star Wars: The Old Republic - 2 hours
- WildStar - 2 hours
- The Secret World - 1 hour
- Elder Scrolls Online - 1 hour
I was initially very surprised that I played so much World of Warcraft. But then I remembered the time before Legion, when I ran around participating in all those Legion Invasions leveling up my alts, and it made more sense.
Riders of Icarus and The Division should also be in there, at about an hour or less each.
Top 10 Most Played Other Games of 2016
- Dark Souls III - 339 hours
- ARK: Survival Evolved - 209 hours
- Morrowind - 40 hours
- Dark Souls - 39 hours
- Civilization VI - 30 hours
- Far Cry Primal - 26 hours
- Fallout: New Vegas - 24 hours
- Dark Souls II - 23 hours
- DOOM - 20 hours
- 7 Days To Die - 13 hours
Not too surprising. I played a lot of ARK at the beginning of the year, and a lot of Dark Souls in the Spring and Summer.
I’m not going to do another chart of which games I played in which month, because frankly I can’t remember how I did it last year. :)
P. S. I use ManicTime to gather these statistics.
UPDATE: Played from Dec 25 - Dec 31:
- Morrowind - 17 hours
- Elder Scrolls Online - 17 hours
That would move ESO from 12th to 6th on the Most Played MMORPGs of 2016 list.